Get started on the path to pet-sitting success!
Professional Pet Sitting as a Career is a Certificate Program designed by the world’s largest association for professional pet sitters, Pet Sitters International. Professional Pet Sitting as a Career is an online course that gives you the pet sitter know-how that you need to begin pet sitting with confidence. If you have always wanted to become a pet sitter or dog walker, but weren’t sure how to get started, this course was made for you!
Even pet sitters who have been in business for years can benefit from the wealth of information that this course has to offer.
What You Need to Know about Pet Care and Pet Business...All in One Course!
When you sign up for Professional Pet Sitting as a Career, you will get immediate access to the course. The program is designed to move at your own pace from the comfort of your own home and you will have 6 months to complete it.
The course is divided into five modules:
- Business Creation
- Pet Care Basics
- Business Operations
- Marketing Strategies
- Pet Sitter Health and Safety
Show clients your commitment and passion for your career by taking the leap and completing Professional Pet Sitting as a Career!
Please note: After six months, you will no longer have access to your course or course materials, including your certificate of completion (so be sure to download it).
Completion of this course will not earn you the designation of CPPS-Certified Professional Pet Sitter®. That designation can only be earned by passing the CPPS Exam.
5 1/2 hours of video training
This course has five modules with just over 5 1/2 hours of video training on topics ranging from business operations to pet care basics—plus links to bonus resources and trainings.
Quizzes to test your knowledge
At the end of each module, you will complete a 15-question comprehension assessment. Upon successful completion of that quiz, you will be able to progress to the next module.
Certificate of completion
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate in Professional Pet Sitting as a Career, which you can proudly display in your office or when meeting new clients.
Check out the course curriculum:
- Module 1 Overview (1:03)
- Lesson 1: Introduction to pet sitting (6:36)
- Lesson 2: Hallmarks of a professional (5:56)
- Lesson 3: Assessing your knowledge (4:19)
- Lesson 4: Research and planning (7:11)
- Lesson 5: Your business name and structure (6:26)
- Lesson 6: The 4 B's (11:24)
- Lesson 7: Branding basics (3:18)
- Lesson 8: Services and service area (4:26)
- Lesson 9: Rates and payment options (6:41)
- Lesson 10: Pet-sitting service contract (6:53)
- Lesson 11: Business supplies (4:02)
- Module 1 Recap (1:06)
- Module 1 Assessment
- PPSAAC Module 2 Overview (1:04)
- Lesson 1: Dog 101 (8:09)
- Lesson 2: Cat 101 (5:32)
- Lesson 3: Dog visits (9:01)
- Lesson 4: Cat visits (9:51)
- Lesson 5: Pet health (5:16)
- Lesson 6: First aid (6:22)
- Lesson 7: Sanitation practices (5:22)
- Lesson 8: Transporting pets (3:37)
- Lesson 9: Pet behavior issues (6:34)
- Lesson 10: Other pet issues (5:14)
- Lesson 11: Other pet types
- Module 2 Recap (1:30)
- Module 2 Assessment
- Module 3 Overview (0:56)
- Lesson 1: Policies and procedures (10:40)
- Lesson 2: Scheduling (4:17)
- Lesson 3: Meet and greets (10:10)
- Lesson 4: Best practices for visits (3:10)
- Lesson 5: Customer service (7:28)
- Lesson 6: Client complaints (6:23)
- Lesson 7: Record keeping (6:43)
- Lesson 8: Getting help (8:14)
- Lesson 9: Protecting your company's reputation (7:43)
- Lesson 10: Continuing education (4:05)
- Module 3 Recap (1:06)
- Module 3 Assessment
- Module 4 Overview (1:05)
- Lesson 1: Your marketing strategy and USP (10:44)
- Lesson 2: Your business website (6:24)
- Lesson 3: Word of mouth (4:47)
- Lesson 4: Other conventional advertising methods (4:46)
- Lesson 5: Business directories (3:52)
- Lesson 6: Social media (9:57)
- Lesson 7: Community involvement (5:36)
- Lesson 8: Networking (5:38)
- Lesson 9: Public relations (7:52)
- Lesson 10: First impressions (5:12)
- Module 4 Recap (1:03)
- Module 4 Assessment
- Module 5 Overview (1:00)
- Lesson 1: Common scams (4:27)
- Lesson 2: Safety precautions for visits (5:19)
- Lesson 3: Avoiding bites and scratches (5:43)
- Lesson 4: Other health concerns for pet sitters (4:28)
- Lesson 5: Disasters and extreme weather (7:08)
- Lesson 6: Pet loss (6:53)
- Lesson 7: Compassion fatigue and burnout (7:38)
- Lesson 8: Saying "no" (9:11)
- Lesson 9: Supporting staff (9:15)
- Module 5 Recap (1:01)
- Module 5 Assessment